Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wooohooo, this will be two posts two weeks in a row.  However, there is not much to report about.  It was a pretty basic week.  We did actually get snow that is staying on the ground for like the first time this week.  The deadline for the ISP applications was this last week...did I mention that I hate waiting to hear about things like this.  My mind just plays all these what if's.  But what Stephen didn't tell me until just the other day is that they pick who they are going to interview based on test results.  He had to take 2 tests, each containing 100 questions, and he had 45 minutes to complete each of them, and he got a 100% on each one, so there is no reason why he should not be selected for an interview which makes it all the more nerve racking.  I am so grateful for family though, so it would be so hard to move if that is what we are faced with.  We live around the best family.  Just the other night last second my nieces and Enid agreed to babysit for me on a Friday night, and they were at my house til after 1am, and there were no complaints.  And Stephen's mom is always there for us when we need her, I just don't know if we could leave that behind.  Anyway, I guess we will burn that bridge when we get there. 

Riley is such a stinker.  He has started blaming things on other people for things he did.  When I tell him that I just saw him do it, he still denies it.  "I didn't do it mom, daddy did".  Or he's even blamed things on me when he just got done doing something I saw him do, "you did this mom, you made this mess"  Then when we try to get him to clean it up he says really sweetly "i sorry, I didn't mean to"..."that's ok buddy, but you still need to help clean it up..."I love you" and he gives us a hug..."i love you too but you still need to help clean up..."i sorry, I love you"...Man what a manipulator he is, any thing to get out of cleaning up a mess.  But it is pretty sweet at the same time.  I bought him toy story 3 this week for my own sanity of watching the same shows over and over again, and I'm already ready to buy another movie.  I made cookies the other night for the girls while they were here babysitting and I think they might have gotten a couple of them, Riley ate pretty much all of them before they got here. 

Bailey sure has developed quite the personality, she definately lets you know what she wants and does not want.  She is cutting teeth , and is always chewing on things to try and find relief.  Any day now and we'll have little white teeth popping up.  It's really cute, she knows the word "kisses".  I say it and then go to give her kisses and she will stick her tongue out to try and give you kisses.  She can eat her weight in mac and cheese or alfredo noodles.  She hasn't been into her baby food the last few weeks, she just wants the real deal.  I took them to arctic circle the other night so Riley could play, and they give complementary ice cream cones, and Bailey ate all of hers including the cone, and Riley only eats the ice cream on top, and so she almost finished his too.  No one has to worry about this girl not eating.  She loves to clap, and play patty cake.  She loves peak a boo, and can do it by herself with a blanket.  She pulls it in front of her face, and pulls it down really quick.  It is so fun to see them learn and grow, and develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment